All foreign registered vehicles travelling in Mozambique are compelled to have Third Party Insurance, underwritten by a Mozambican Insurance Company.
Mozambique does not have a MVA Road Accident Fund as in South Africa. Mozambican authorities need to be assured that if any liability is incurred by the use of foreign vehicles on their roads, there is a Mozambican Insurance Company that will assume liabilities incurred on behalf of the insured.
Hollard Moçambique Companhia de Seguros, SARL is an independent Insurance company in Mozambique. By using Hollard Moçambique Companhia de Seguros, SARL for your Hollsure Third Party Liability Insurance, you can be sure you can communicate with us long after your holiday or business venture in Mozambique is over.
The Hollsure product is administered on behalf of Hollard Moçambique Companhia de Seguros, SARL by MTB Tourism Services CC an Authorised Financial Services Provider (FSB no: 45212) within the borders of South Africa.
About the Hollsure Product:
- Hollsure covers The Insured for any Third Party Liability that might be incurred in Mozambique, caused by or in connection with any vehicle described in the certificate of insurance.
- The cover extends to both death or bodily injury to any third party, other than to a person employed by the Insured or arising from the course of employment or if the person is a member of the same household.
- Damage to all property, other than that property that belongs to the Insured.
- The certificate is valid for 30 days from date of inception noted on the certificate.
- The limit of liability shall not exceed the limit of R1,000,000 (one million SA Rand) in respect of any one occurrence, unless otherwise stated.
To purchase your Hollsure Third Party Liability Insurance on line click here.
Afinidade is a Mozambican based company that was launched on 1 November 2016.
Afinidade offers product solutions to the Mozambican insurance industry and is currently the sole provider able to deliver seamless, custom made Roadside & Legal assistance services in Mozambique. Our Roadside & Legal Assistance is added to the compulsory 3rd Party Liability Insurance and together they ensure that you are well looked after whilst travelling in Mozambique.
They are backed by and forms part of the South African based Affinity Group, which was established 13 years ago in South Africa. They have a well-documented track record in offering innovative insurance add-on products backed by world class services.
About Roadside Assistance:
We will assist you in arranging for your vehicle to be towed following an Accident or a Mechanical/Electrical breakdown. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are eligible for assistance in the following services:
- Accident Towing - Where the covered vehicle is not drivable due to an accident, the covered vehicle shall be towed to the nearest approved panel beater, place of repair or the closest border post. In the event that the vehicle has to be towed to the border post, we will endeavour to assist in arranging a border post pick-up once the vehicle has been delivered to the vehicle’s country of origin.
- Mechanical / Electrical breakdown - Where the covered vehicle is not drivable due to a mechanical breakdown or an electrical fault we will assist you in arranging for your vehicle to be towed. The Service Provider will check your vehicle and where possible, minor running repairs shall be carried out on the side of the road. Where this is not possible, the covered vehicle shall be towed to the nearest Franchise Dealer, place of repair or the closest border post.
- Flat battery assistance - In the event of a flat battery, we will arrange for a Service Provider to assist in jump starting the covered vehicle.
- Flat tyre assistance - In the event of a flat tyre, we will arrange for a Service Provider to assist in changing the tyre. In the event that a spare tyre is unavailable or more than one tyre is damaged we shall arrange for the vehicle to be towed to the nearest Franchise Dealer, place of repair or the closest border post.
- Fuel assistance - In the event of the Insured Vehicle running out of fuel we will arrange for the required amount of fuel (maximum 20L) to be brought to the member.
About the Hollsure Legal Advice
This is an assistance service providing the Member with legal support and advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
24 hour telephonic legal advice - In the event of the Member requiring legal advice this telephonic service is provided by a panel of qualified attorney’s i.e:
- If the member is pulled over by authorities whilst travelling
- If the member is involved in an accident with a third party
- If the member is pulled over in a roadblock
- Standard Legal Documentation Assistance - In the event that the Member requires assistance with legal documentation, a telephonic guidance service shall be provided by a panel of qualified attorneys. Advice may be given on the circumstances under which this documentation may be required and the structure of the appropriate documentation, depending on the specific detail or request the Member has.
General Conditions & Exclusions for Roadside Assistance and Legal Advice:
- This is an access service ONLY.
All costs incurred will be for your own account and payable to the service provider where applicable.
- This cover is valid for 30 Days from the date of entry
- Services will only be rendered to Validated Members
- Services rendered will ONLY extend to the covered vehicle
- Afinidade reserves the right to elect the final destination of the covered vehicle
- Where towing is needed our responsibility only extends to the towing of one vehicle and not a trailer, boat or caravan.
We will endeavour to assist with the towing of the trailered vehicle but our main priority will always be the primary vehicle the safety of the occupants.
- Afinidade reserves the right to use our own contracted service providers / dealers
- In the event of an accident the member or a representative of the member has to be present at the accident scene
- Any incidents outside the borders of Mozambique will not be covered under this service
- Any cargo/loads will not be covered
- Stolen & recovered vehicles will not be covered
- The following events/occurrences will not be covered:
- A faulty Immobilizer
- Lost or stolen keys OR keys that are locked in the car
- Legal Advice required resulting from an incident occurring outside of the borders of the Mozambique are excluded.
- Any further legal costs incurred outside the scope of cover listed above is excluded
- Only personal legal matters will be covered
- Only the verified member will be covered
- Legal representation is excluded