Frequently Asked Questions
What does the policy cover?
- Hollsure covers The Insured for any Third Party Liability that might be incurred in Mozambique caused by or in connection with any vehicle described in the certificate of insurance.
The cover extends to both:
- Death or bodily injury to any third party, other than to a person employed by the Insured or arising from the course of employment or if the person is a member of the same household.
- Damage to all property, other than that property that belongs to the Insured.
Why is it compulsory?
- Mozambique does not have an MVA Road Accident Fund as in South Africa.
- In respect of foreign registered vehicles the Mozambican authorities need to be assured that if any liability is incurred by the use of such vehicles on their roads; there is a Mozambican Insurance Policy that is valid to cover costs.
- Hollard Mozambique is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Hollard Insurance Company Limited which is the largest independent insurer in South Africa. It currently has an asset base of more than R 5 billion and has over 90 long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships - providing a broad distribution base and a wide product range backed by focused expertise.
- Use the company you can be absolutely sure you can communicate with long after your Holliday or business venture into Mozambique is over.
How long is the period of insurance?
- The certificate is valid for 30days from date of inception noted on the certificate. Unless otherwise arranged with Hollard Mozambique.
What is the limit of liability?
- Unless otherwise stated in respect of any one occurrence, Liability shall not exceed the limit of R1,000,000.00 (one million SA Rand)
What is the excess amount?
- There is no excess payable in the event of a claim under this cover.